Healthy Panda Express Shrimp Bowl
by Abby Austin
Let’s be real, who doesn’t love Panda Express?! Absolutely delicious, check! Healthy? Debatable. That’s why I created my own homemade, healthy version of Peppered Shrimp & Greens Bowl. The best part? It only takes 15 minutes to make, so no excuses about being too lazy!
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 cup white (or brown) rice
- 1/2 cup green beans
- 1/2 pound fresh shrimp
- Ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Peel off all shells and tails from the shrimp. Set to the side for a moment.
- Cut off the ends of the green beans, then cut in half.
- Bring two separate pots of 2 quarts of water to a boil. Once boiling, add the cut green beans in one pot, while the rice will be added to the other. The green beans and the rice will cook for 10 minutes.
- At the same time, on medium heat, melt the coconut oil in a sauce pan. Then add shrimp. Saute for 6-8 minutes. Once shrimp starts browning, add salt and ground pepper.
- After 10 minutes, drain both of the pots of water.
- Combine all ingredients in one pot. Stir, add more pepper and salt to taste. (Top with Sriracha.)
Serve and enjoy!
Have you created any healthy versions of dishes from a favorite restaurant? I’d love to try it! Comment below or email me: Abby@alwaysliveactive.com
June 30, 2017
April 06, 2017
March 30, 2017